Search the forum,

Discuss Where to find Non-Sanded/Sandless/Unsanded Grout? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Q

qubed

I have been looking everywhere online for a place to purchase unsanded grout in London. I have gone to B & Q as well as Homebase and figured as much as they would not have it, however, I do do need to find it somewhere. Any insight is greatly appreciated on where I can get this.

Thanks you!

qubed

Q

qubed

it is for less than 3mm and the project details request unsanded. I have been looking all over, literally, but have been unable to pinpoint a place that I could get this. I am a complete amateur, so I know that is part of it, however, I presumed finding a specialty store could address this deeper, I have just had zero luck in my efforts thus far. Thanks for the help!

also it might be worth mentioning it is for walls -

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Spud

you will find that here in the uk most wall grouts are unsanded , based on portland cement and silica flour, and floor grouts or wide joint grouts are typically sanded grouts hope this helps

Q

qubed

thanks for the helpful and useful responses. they are very beneficial as i had been racking my brain terribly earlier. i had to have a few pints to steam myself down! nothing like a hard days work locating something that seems elusive - usually i prefer it to be a pretty lady!

even though the mapei ultracolor doesn't specifically say unsanded, is it still considered this?

what would i need to ask for specifically when going into one of these places. i saw there was a worlds end tile place in battersea which isn't all too far from me, but didn't know if my luck would go far here. cheers again mates, i appreciate these efforts.

O

[OvO]wl

welcome to the forums.Why must it be unsanded?

It frustrates me when people as why something is required.

I need unsanded grout, to install a mosaic, it cannot be sanded apparently. The grout needs to go between the stones in the mosaic to fill the gaps. I'm looking for a "neutral colour".

C

Cheryl Stuart

Hi did u find unsamded grout in the end?
And if so where?
As I myself now need some pls help 😢

Reply to Where to find Non-Sanded/Sandless/Unsanded Grout? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen