Discuss Where to find Non-Sanded/Sandless/Unsanded Grout? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Q

qubed

I have been looking everywhere online for a place to purchase unsanded grout in London. I have gone to B & Q as well as Homebase and figured as much as they would not have it, however, I do do need to find it somewhere. Any insight is greatly appreciated on where I can get this.

Thanks you!

qubed

Q

qubed

it is for less than 3mm and the project details request unsanded. I have been looking all over, literally, but have been unable to pinpoint a place that I could get this. I am a complete amateur, so I know that is part of it, however, I presumed finding a specialty store could address this deeper, I have just had zero luck in my efforts thus far. Thanks for the help!

also it might be worth mentioning it is for walls -

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Spud

you will find that here in the uk most wall grouts are unsanded , based on portland cement and silica flour, and floor grouts or wide joint grouts are typically sanded grouts hope this helps

Q

qubed

thanks for the helpful and useful responses. they are very beneficial as i had been racking my brain terribly earlier. i had to have a few pints to steam myself down! nothing like a hard days work locating something that seems elusive - usually i prefer it to be a pretty lady!

even though the mapei ultracolor doesn't specifically say unsanded, is it still considered this?

what would i need to ask for specifically when going into one of these places. i saw there was a worlds end tile place in battersea which isn't all too far from me, but didn't know if my luck would go far here. cheers again mates, i appreciate these efforts.

O

[OvO]wl

welcome to the forums.Why must it be unsanded?

It frustrates me when people as why something is required.

I need unsanded grout, to install a mosaic, it cannot be sanded apparently. The grout needs to go between the stones in the mosaic to fill the gaps. I'm looking for a "neutral colour".

C

Cheryl Stuart

Hi did u find unsamded grout in the end?
And if so where?
As I myself now need some pls help 😢

Reply to Where to find Non-Sanded/Sandless/Unsanded Grout? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks