Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss where is the best place to buy Travertine in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Richard Edwards

Thanks Dave - I'll look up this supplier and see what they have. Pehaps ask for a catalogue etc

I'm not saying that Mandarin are the best, they are not. I bought some Limestone - at £112m2 retail inc Vat and it is superb compared with Mandarin Stone. This was Spanish and really nice. Some of the French Limestones are famous for quality.

Travertine I agree varys from poor to fabulous. All I'm saying is that Trav. I layed last week was good with very little filler (floor) and some beauftiful variations of shade and features and as Gooner wanted a Light Shade he could look there.

I will check this 'Perfect Home and Garden site and take a look see.

Thanks Dave
:thumbsup:

Reaction score
New website is under construction but his present site is still active...

Perfect Home & Garden - Introduction

There are some good suppliers out there and i'm not saying mandarin are not because they sell some good stone but it is these internet sellers etc that i am on about..

I saw an add the other day saying 60x40 travertine.. what it looks like god only knows.. for £10 a mtr...:mad2:

£10/m2 bloomin 'eck!!! :yikes::death:

F

faithhealer

New website is under construction but his present site is still active...

Perfect Home & Garden - Introduction

There are some good suppliers out there and i'm not saying mandarin are not because they sell some good stone but it is these internet sellers etc that i am on about..

I saw an add the other day saying 60x40 travertine.. what it looks like god only knows.. for £10 a mtr...:mad2:
top stone and top bloke,David Sowereby is the man to speak too

P

Pebbs

Im going to throw my scale ruler in about Mandarin Stone. Ive had contracts in the past where the architect/interior designer specced these people up, and every single time the client has been unhappy with the quality of the stone. You pay your price you take your chances. You buy any stone that comes in polystrene packs and your opening a can of worms. If you can't see what your buying beforehand leave well alone, theres a reason for that.

Pebbs

Reaction score
I'm looking for a decent stone supplier as well.....
I tend to use Topps for convenience a lot of the time, but their stone leaves a lot to be desired:prrr:
Only problem with me is the delivery, I need a firm that won't take the Michael with haulage costs:mad2:

D

DHTiling

I did say before PHG are very willing to transport to you, all it takes is a call to price up the delivery kev..

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Hi Kev, nice to hear from you mate. As dave says, PHG has some very nice stuff:thumbsup:

Reaction score
I did say before PHG are very willing to transport to you, all it takes is a call to price up the delivery kev..
Looking for 42m2 of a tumbled edge trav soon, so might just do that:thumbsup:

Anyone in particular?

Are their prices OK, as it's for my Mother In Law's new hoose......:smilewinkgrin:

I got 25m2 of terracotta sent up here from London for £50 quids the other week....

Last edited:
D

DHTiling

Also has 400 x200 tumbled.. just remembered..lol.. But Opus is light walnut and nice to use and top quality.. pics of same stone in my Albums..or website..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to where is the best place to buy Travertine in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks