Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Where can I get a triange shape hole cutter? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

E

essexsi

Hi all,

I need to get one of the triangle shaped hole cutters that cut holes in ceramic tiles varying from 2mm-40mm diameter. They do have them on the tradetiler website but they are out of stock.

Has anyone seen them any where else?

Thanks for any help. Si

D

DHTiling

Si..phone dave @ tradetiler as he might have them back in stock but not updated the site...worth a try before you shop elsewhere.:thumbsup:

G

Gazzer

Most tile shops around here sell them. A search for Tilerite on google will give you the answer.
LOAD OF RUBBISH THOUGH :incazzato:

W

White Room

Tried to order a blade from TT on the link from the forum, said it was out of stock. On the internet it was'nt, give Dave a call

beanz

TF
Reaction score
Darren at NETT showed us one of these on the course, and they seemed to work pretty well (only with ceramic tiles though obviously). Much quicker than the diamond hole cutters! I'd be interested to know if TT has got them back in stock, as i tried to order one ages ago, but had no joy.. :(

B

Bolter

Ive got one, and I think its awesome for ceramic tiles. Trick is to mark the tile on the back of the tile, and start the hole in the back. Once a 5mm hole appears, turn the tile over and repeat. May need to turn the tile 4 times to make a hole big enough and neat enough for a sink waste pipe. Had mine for a year or so, use it almost daily, and i still makes perfect holes.

D

doug boardley

Bolter, do you find tho' that the hole it leaves is more like a 50p shape than a true circle?

K

kaharrison9

Well desribed Doug
Not yet been able to acheive a nice circle in ceramic always end up with a 50p shape.
Have built up a fair set of 365 drill pieces couldn't be any easier.

E

essexsi

Thanks for all your replies.

I only require it for drilling two 15mm holes in ceramic tiles for my one off Diy shower room job. Didn't really think I would need anything more substantial!

Cheers for your input. Si

B

Bolter

Bolter, do you find tho' that the hole it leaves is more like a 50p shape than a true circle?

Only if you go in to far one way.

I mean, its always possible to mess a hole up, I still mess up even an L shape cut on occassion :D But it is possible to make this tool work. The secret is in going through the back, and then the front a little, and then the back again. The bigger the hole though, the trickier it is, and I wouldnt attempt anything over sink waste size.

Reply to Where can I get a triange shape hole cutter? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks