Search the forum,

Discuss what size tiles need bagged addy in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazebo

Hi

As Goldigger said

Stronger and if you use rapid set you can grout a few hours later.

If you use normal bagged addy you can grout after 24 hours

If you use tubbed addy dependent on tile size and room conditions it can take a good few days for the addy to dry, lets say for instance 300x300mm tiles in a cold non ventilated room could take a week or longer to dry(i know i had this same problem)

If you have the luxury of time with this size tile and you find it easier to use tubbed then go ahead.

Like others on here i am a convert to powdered addy, but i would still use tubbed if the conditions allowed and the tile was smaller than 250x250.

Hope this helps

Gary

D

d noulton

tiled a kitchen splashback recently with tubbed addy when i was grouting 2 tiles fell off:yikes: no adhesion what so ever they were only 4 inch tiles
I allways use bagged addy for bathrooms regardless of tile size same applies to kitchen splashbacks now

L

loaderman

I am now using bagged addy for almost all jobs. Recently tried Bal Rapidset Supercover for some 10 x 10 small porcelain kitchen tiles . Quite impressed with it, easy to mix and use. Didn't quite get the coverage claimed but I did mix it quite stiff for good grab as it seemed a bit soft at the recommended mix ratios and tiles slipped if I didn't.

Will deffo use it again tho. I thought it was nicer to work with than normal rapidset.:hurray:

D

DHTiling

I am now using bagged addy for almost all jobs. Recently tried Bal Rapidset Supercover for some 10 x 10 small porcelain kitchen tiles . Quite impressed with it, easy to mix and use. Didn't quite get the coverage claimed but I did mix it quite stiff for good grab as it seemed a bit soft at the recommended mix ratios and tiles slipped if I didn't.

Will deffo use it again tho. I thought it was nicer to work with than normal rapidset.:hurray:

Expensive though...:yikes:

Reply to what size tiles need bagged addy in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen