Search the forum,

Discuss What size tiles - best in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

Hammer-Ray

What size tiles do you recommend for a wetroom floor that has a 1200 x 1200 former ?

I've been told it's best size is under 100mm x 100mm square otherwise the fall is compromised on the tray, is this correct ?

J

jay

hi you can achive the corect falls using 300x300 format tiles but do not rec for begginers 100x100 is a safe way :8:

D

Daveyboy

Hi Ray...you can use whatever size tile you like...mosaics are the easiest as they follow the curviture of the former and it gets more and more difficult at the get bigger...Once you reach a tile size where, when laid out, they do not naturally follow the curviture of the former, you have to mark the tiles with lines that run from each corner of the gulley out to the outer corners of the former/shower area. Then you cut along those lines and relay the tiles. The cut tiles will then follow the natural curviture of the former....hope that makes sense :thumbsup:

Reply to What size tiles - best in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen