Currently reading:
What products to use to restore red and black victorian tiles

Search the forum,

Discuss What products to use to restore red and black victorian tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

H

hannahtaylor03

Hi everyone

My name is Hannah and i'm new to this forum!. I wondered if I could ask some advice? I've read through other forums to try and find the answer to my question but it seems there are a lot of answers and it's become a bit confusing!

I have some lovely red and black unglazed ceramic tiles in my kitchen diner which I found when pulling up the carpet in a house I am renovating. I'm really keen to restore them. Most of them are in very good condition, there are a few which are a bit chipped but otherwise, they look in pretty good nick.

My question is, what products would you recommend for a) cleaning and restoring colour and then b) sealing

Also if you have any top tips i'd be very grateful for them!

I'm sorry if this is repeating what has already been asked on here!

many thank in advance
Hannah

Reply to What products to use to restore red and black victorian tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The homeowner of the property I'm working on has just come to me and asked if anything can be done about...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this, The property unfortunately flooded throughout. Now although I'm told it's all dry now I'm reluctant...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm planning to tile my kitchen floor with 8mm porcelain floor tiles (660x440mm). My kitchen floor is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views

Advertisement