Search the forum,

Discuss What is your grouting technique for very riven slate ? in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Pre- sealing the stone prior to laying- ? Would check that with the manufacturer of the Impregnator.
Residue remover in the wash water.
Is your slate acid resistant- not all are.
Acidic based products can have an effect on the grout- whitening a curing polymer binder or discolouration at its curing stage, generally recommend that any grout would be dry and fully cured before washing or cleaning.

Reaction score
Pre- sealing the stone prior to laying- ? Would check that with the manufacturer of the Impregnator.
Residue remover in the wash water.
Is your slate acid resistant- not all are.
Acidic based products can have an effect on the grout- whitening a curing polymer binder or discolouration at its curing stage, generally recommend that any grout would be dry and fully cured before washing or cleaning.
Sorry, my mistake. Sealing twice after laid and before grouting.
I think i am just gonna go very slow and be methodical.
Lots of water changes and wipe downs.
Thanks for all the advice.
Appreciated !
James

Reply to What is your grouting technique for very riven slate ? in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen