Discuss What is your choice for retro fit wet ufh in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

J Sid

There are many different types out there, I have one I recommend.
Which one do you lads recommend / fit and is it different for different substrates?

O

Old Mod

I can honestly say I’ve never been asked to spec one Julian.
Last time I even supplied an electric ufh system was 2016, and I’ve fitted less than half a dozen since then. 🤷🏻‍♂️

J

J Sid

Thanks Marc

If a customer needs retro wufh or electric I
try and spec what I like and if it.
Had a large job last Xmas, 100m2 plus, boards and wire. Spar wanted to supply and fix, I gave clear instructions on what I need to tile it. He didn't think he would bother to tape boards or seal boards before slc. I turn up to a crazy paving floor with slc coming up. Customer wasn't happy when I said I would tile on that. Found some to tile it 3 weeks before Xmas.
So, unless it's done by me or I see it being done by others I won't do the tiling.
Think we all know what I normally use for wufh, just wanted other options and see what other recommend.
[automerge]1570353945[/automerge]

D

Dumbo

Sparks don't have a clue about what is necessary
[automerge]1570355764[/automerge]
I've never tiled a wufh panel system so cannot offer anything but this is a worthwhile question .

J

J Sid

I've done that in small areas marc with electric ufh wires.
The job I'm pricing as type is reto wufh on gypsum screed in a old cottage with no floor insulation, so going for a installation boards type.

Bopster

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I have solfex wufh overlay in my own house and done a couple of the same system for my customers.
Never had an issue and very competitive

J

J Sid

I have solfex wufh overlay in my own house and done a couple of the same system for my customers.
Never had an issue and very competitive
Just been looking at there site, no much info there🤔 did you fix tiles to it? If so it looks like they say fix to 6mm ply😳 but not clear at all. It's also a floating floor which I'm not at all keen on tiling onto

Bopster

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
its the usual gypsum panels free floating and glued together, screwed down plastic end sections. Then ditra matting and tiled.

D

Dumbo

its the usual gypsum panels free floating and glued together, screwed down plastic end sections. Then ditra matting and tiled.
Do you fill the empty routered grooves before matting . I think I had a spec from tilemaster who said they wanted this .

Reply to What is your choice for retro fit wet ufh in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks