Search the forum,

Discuss What is the minimum depth of SLC over insulated boards? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

On one

As above......I have 18m2 of floor to bring up by 30mm to the same level as an adjoining floor. Insulated boards would seems the obvious way to go followed by SLC.
But to work out the depth of the insulation I need, I need to work backwards from the minimum depth of SLC over the insulated boards, which is?????

O

On one

At 2-3mm I would be worried about point loading issues.
Forgot to mention that once the sub floor is brought up to the correct level I would be tiling over it.

R

Rookery

For simplicity I'd probably go 20mm board then 10mm Mapei Renovation Screed. Both readily available.

O

On one

Probably the route I will go down if the price is accepted. Not going to be cheap though.

K

kaharrison9

I just recently brought up a 46m2 anhydrite floor by around that depth.

I used 60 Marmox 20mm insulation boards fixed down with a 8mm trowel and also mechanically fixed with the Marmox dowels (300 hundred used). 4 mm thick SLC for the UFH and then made the rest up with adhesive.
Hit the thresholds perfect.
Marmox also do a 30mm board.
The 60 boards alone cost around £760 but customer well pleased.

O

On one

I did Check with Marmox tech dept and they advised the depth of the SLC on the boards was down to the SLC company's spec.
They also advised unlike you, that I didn't have to mechanically fix. I would do though,just to cover myself.
Out of interest Karl, what did you pay for your 20mm boards?

Reply to What is the minimum depth of SLC over insulated boards? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen