Search the forum,

Discuss What Colour Silicone? in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

H

harrylime

I have tiled my shower recess and grouted with Weber grey grout. Obviously I will use white silicone between the tile bottoms and the tray. I intend to use grey silicone for the two vertical corners. What should I use between the tops of the tiles and the white painted ceilings; I assume white?
Also can anyone advise a good colour matched silicone to go with weber grey grout. I was thinking of using Mapei silicone as it seems to be well regarded on here and is stocked by screwfix, which is local to me.
I'd appreciate any advice.

I

Ian

Weber have colour matched silicone for their grouts. Personally I don't like to see two colours of silicone together (unless there are two colours of grout), I like to match the grout and keep it all the same.

H

harrylime

I know what you mean about different colour grouts. However, I've never seen coloured grout next to a shower tray, and I am also thinking about when the ceiling is painted again. Easier to paint up to white grout than grey, I think

H

harrylime

thanks for your thoughts, much appreciated. Grout may be the way to go, I already siliconed the top of the tile backer boards

I

Ian

I've never caulked the gap at the top where the tiles meet the ceiling, always grouted. A good quality grout will not crack.

Reply to What Colour Silicone? in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen