Search the forum,

Discuss Wet Vs Dry Drilling in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

Concrete guy

I would have to dig out the wired grinder as my 18v Dewalt grinder is only 7000rpm which is too slow I believe for dry hole saws.

That would probably do just fine, but a corded grinder would probably do better. Some of the cordless non branded grinders are now so cheap we have a number of customers that bought one just for holesaws and box all their bits in with the cheapie grinder to save taking blades off their their regular machine each time the wanted to drill a hole.

The M14 threaded dry bits are designed to run at 10,000 rpm but we have customers that use an M14 to Hex adapter and fit them in drills. Not recommended but it works, particularly in marble, travertine limestone etc.

M

moomarine

That would probably do just fine, but a corded grinder would probably do better. Some of the cordless non branded grinders are now so cheap we have a number of customers that bought one just for holesaws and box all their bits in with the cheapie grinder to save taking blades off their their regular machine each time the wanted to drill a hole.

The M14 threaded dry bits are designed to run at 10,000 rpm but we have customers that use an M14 to Hex adapter and fit them in drills. Not recommended but it works, particularly in marble, travertine limestone etc.
So you reakon 7000rpm would be OK then? What would it do just reduce the life of the bit?

Reply to Wet Vs Dry Drilling in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen