Discuss Wet Vs Dry Drilling in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've just received some bits from ATS. I included the 8 + 6mm in one dry bit with wax centre. Look forward to trying it out. Also looking at going down the route for angle grinder bits for larger holes.

M

moomarine

I went for some dry cut angle grinder ones from a tilers shop near me as I need one of them for tomorrow so I will see how that goes!

Rosco100

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Always use dry angle grinder drill bits as time is money and they do go through a lot quicker than a wet system. Yes they some don't last long but have recently bought the Genesis ones and they're great and they last well even drilling porcelain.

S

stephenoneill

I use rubi dry bits and they are excellent especially the 8m and 10 m the 6 doesn't last as long. Always with the grinder .more powerful than drill

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I do all.my drilling with the m14 dry bits in my grinder I've only used rubi and marcrist and the marcrist onear are far superior

F

Flintstone

I drill with the cordless drill and sponge in the room usually, for me going outside to use a grinder wouldn't be any faster. Most of the time i couldn't do it inside due to dust

Diggy

TF
Reaction score
I love my cordless! Not had it too long but it's used every day and Dewalt do a massive battery which lasts ages.
Is it the DCG412N ? just about to get one with a 5AH battery. Bought a cheapo drill with the 2 x 1.3AH from screwfix but also bought a 5AH battery , very impressed with , so now need the the grinder . My old one with 3 old 1.3AH just aint enough now .

Diggy

M

moomarine

How did it go?
Sorry for very late reply lol! Yer I use them every time but I must admit that I now tend to use my 240v grinder as it's usually already out with the diamond blades attached. The hole saws I bought have still got loads of life left in them and one of them gets used all the time!

Is it the DCG412N ? just about to get one with a 5AH battery. Bought a cheapo drill with the 2 x 1.3AH from screwfix but also bought a 5AH battery , very impressed with , so now need the the grinder . My old one with 3 old 1.3AH just aint enough now .

Diggy
Yer that is the one I have but I am using my 240v grinder a lot more at the moment because it's handy as out already with diamond blade on but the dewalt cordless is a very good bit of kit and especially handy when power is limited!

What do you use it for
I use it for holes and cuts with the diamond blade. But hasn't come out the box for a while!

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Wet Vs Dry Drilling in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks