Search the forum,

Discuss Wet ufh system issue. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Theslippaking

Went and had a nose at a job this aft and left a bit baffled.the customer rang around three mths ago wanting 70m floor laid,but I was too busy and thought nothing of it.
He called again this week so I went and had a look.mainly wondering why no one had done it yet:-/
Its got a wet ufh system with a pumped screed,which is apparently a year old.it's had the heating active throughout the winter.i had a close look and it looks fine to me.no cracks anywhere,nice and flat.
Do i need him to shut the whole floor(3 rooms)off before fixing.and for how long?
Cant say I'm keen to get there,but needs must I spose.

G

Gazzer

I say the heating should have been off for 3 days prior to fixing tiles etc. As above though , what type of screed ?

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Lots of screeds are pumped but it is fairly odds on that with wet UFH it will be anhydrite. However if the heating has been running it needs to be switched off for 48 to 72 hours and then a moisture test done to ensure its dry before tiling.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Lots of screeds are pumped but it is fairly odds on that with wet UFH it will be anhydrite. However if the heating has been running it needs to be switched off for 48 to 72 hours and then a moisture test done to ensure its dry before tiling.

Not always alan, im on a job at the mo, bloke who built the house has been building them for years, this is a s/c screed with WUFH he has never heard of anhydrite, ive only ever heard of one around my way.
Also as you say, we were pumping s/c screeds ( on good jobs) in the early 90s so this could possibly just be a s/c screed

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Not always alan, im on a job at the mo, bloke who built the house has been building them for years, this is a s/c screed with WUFH he has never heard of anhydrite, ive only ever heard of one around my way.
Also as you say, we were pumping s/c screeds ( on good jobs) in the early 90s so this could possibly just be a s/c screed

Yes I agree. There are lots of pumped screeds about these days. I'm just going on probabilities really. I will fall back on my usual advice here that if you cannot find out what type of screed it actually is then treat it as if it were anhydrite anyway.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Yes I agree. There are lots of pumped screeds about these days. I'm just going on probabilities really. I will fall back on my usual advice here that if you cannot find out what type of screed it actually is then treat it as if it were anhydrite anyway.

Yup ,

Reply to Wet ufh system issue. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen