Search the forum,

Discuss Wet ufh Polypipe type. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Billy Hunt

A customer of mine is having installed polypipe or similar wet ufh directly on top of concrete floor.
Now apparently the company are saying it is fine to tile directly to the pipes and base? When I have worked on these floors before the system has been under a thick concret bed so I woud use ditra and tile away with no issues.

I am unsure about using this method ,sound a little risky to me. Has anyone tiled with this method before if so what adhesive did you use and would the adhesive manufactures garantee their products tiling this way?

I

Ian

I've been asked to do this exact thing before, I said I wouldn't unless the pipes were covered with SLC first, so that's what they did.

B

Billy Hunt

Yeah,Cheers Bri,What thickness did you/they put the slc down at and did you use a decoupling?

S

Spud

Yeah,Cheers Bri,What thickness did you/they put the slc down at and did you use a decoupling?
Hi Billy good thread ,I have been asked to price a stone job with this ufh system I looked at the polypipe website and their information is extremely vague ,I have asked my customer to get a full fixing specification from the supplier as like you I am very unsure about fixing directly over this

B

Billy Hunt

I might ask the company, if they say it's ok to tile directly onto their product then which adhesive would they recommend,I will then ask the adhesive company if they would garantee it! I bet none of them would, Sales gimmick???

ishi69

TF
Reaction score
Hi Billy I did a job a few years ago with this system 150 sq metres. Polypipe said the same thing.... oh you can tile directly on top of the base boards that carry the exposed pipes. I thought this to be a bit strange so I got BAL technical to come out to the job and spec it for me. They said in no uncertain terms to tile directly to the base boards. I had to overboard the whole area with 6mm hardibacker then use single part fastflex to fix (£44 per bag trade price ). I've been back to this job regularly as the customer is a very good friend and the floor looks like it was laid yesterday, not a single bit of movement anywhere.

Reply to Wet ufh Polypipe type. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen