Search the forum,

Discuss Wet Room Problem - Grouting in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

plug_it_in

As a newbie to a Wet Room I have just inherited I am hoping you can help me. I have a 2/3 Bar shower and its blasting the grout out between the tiles. I patiently got all the grout out using a dremel directly under the shower head . Left for a week to make sure it was dry, re grouted with BAL large gap grout . Its now all come out and older grout has also eroded out. Adding to this that I have a pink mold problem that stains the other grout and I have to bleach on a regular basis to get it back to looking decent . So two problems I would love to fix. The grout and the staining.

So I went to Topps and asked. They sold me more BAL - product called Micromax and a Grout protector by Fila .

I am still suspicious this may not resolve the problem. As I have to dig out all the old eroded area of grout I would love to get this right.

This is an upstairs bathroom . Tiled on Wooden floor - I think with plywood underneath but cannot guarantee. The floor does move when I stand on it , and water is coming back up through the grout when Im standing on it after a shower i.e. there is water underneath the tiles. I am hoping the tanking is protecting the substrate . The floor moves .

My recent thoughts have been . Let it dry out and then use Kerapoxy - but I have seen in other posts this may crack and should not be used on floors that move.

Any suggestion/solution greatly received. I have searched the forum but cannot find a definitive answer .

P

plug_it_in

Thats very depressing . Is it possible to get a completely rigid floor on wooden joists in a normal upstairs bathrooms or should I go for a tray and walk away from tiling completely ?

G

Gazzer

Yes its very possible but without knowing more its hard to say what you need to do. There should be no deflection in the floor , it wont matter if you have a tanking system or not while the floor is moving.

P

plug_it_in

OK time to get a professional in ........ my poor house is plagued with cowboy and cheap work. Most I can handle , but I want this done so its 100% top notch. Thanks for the advice.

Reply to Wet Room Problem - Grouting in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen