Search the forum,

Discuss Weekend Tiling Course (East Midlands) in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Is it good practice for new people coming into the business to offer lower cheaper quotes? My aim is to do the course get some basic advise and then advertise myself via cards, local paper and so on.

Really. .....im counting to 10 now !!

What are you going to advertise yourself as ??
A tiler....after a short course..
Did you learn your current job in IT after a 5 day course ?

S

Stef

Is it good practice for new people coming into the business to offer lower cheaper quotes? My aim is to do the course get some basic advise and then advertise myself via cards, local paper and so on.

IMHO that is why a lot of very good Tilers were sat at home while someone with little or no experience offering the cheaper jobs & doing substandard work were busy.

T

Time's Ran Out

IMHO that is why a lot of very good Tilers were sat at home while someone with little or no experience offering the cheaper jobs & doing substandard work were busy.

Not sure if that was the case!
There is different levels of competition in all walks of life and it's how you react to it that defines if your going to sit at home or do a Norman Tebbit - get on your bike and look for work!
Everyone should be able to follow their dreams and the thought of making thousands each week make tiling an attractive proposition!
At the end of the day it's up to the customer to do their own homework before spending their hard earned cash!

S

Stef

Not sure if that was the case!
There is different levels of competition in all walks of life and it's how you react to it that defines if your going to sit at home or do a Norman Tebbit - get on your bike and look for work!
Everyone should be able to follow their dreams and the thought of making thousands each week make tiling an attractive proposition!
At the end of the day it's up to the customer to do their own homework before spending their hard earned cash!

I should have specified a bit better & said at the end of it that the client will go out & spend hundreds, sometimes thousands on their tiles then they will go with the cheapest quote without doing their homework.

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Hello
just to clear up a post from earlier on, Darren runs and owns UK trades training (NETT) not trade teacher.co.uk

S

SCCB

A short course will give you the very basics of tiling, going it on your own and taking on full on tiling jobs will be difficult to say the least with nearly no experience, especially if its your only income (dangerous ground matey).

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
I fancy having a go at brain surgery, i have heard a weekend course is just what you need. Not knocking at all but i do get peed off with the attitude that anyone can throw up tiles after a weekends course. Just throwing my hat in.

Reply to Weekend Tiling Course (East Midlands) in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen