Search the forum,

Discuss Weber set spf... Thoughts? in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Can't say I've ever enjoyed using any particular adhesive. For me adhesive is adhesive. Used BAL, Mapei and Weber and apart from slight difference in texture it's all the same to me. You comb it on and it fix the tiles.

O

One Day

But if the adhesive falls off your tools and doesn't hold its ribs unless you mix it so stiff it won't grab, that's not fun to use.

Best adhesive ever was BAL mosaic fix. The old one.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
But if the adhesive falls off your tools and doesn't hold its ribs unless you mix it so stiff it won't grab, that's not fun to use.

I loved the old mosiac fix too.....
Had to re-mortgage the house to buy a bag .!!........but cracking stuff..

D

Dumbo

I loved the old mosiac fix too.....
Had to re-mortgage the house to buy a bag .!!........but cracking stuff..
Got to admit it was nice I used to use it a lot for putting up hand made tiles .

B

Bill

What I have found with the modified adhesives is that they need a second mix. Mix it how you like it then 10 - 15 mins later, give it another good stir for a minute or so and the adhesives are a dream to use. I do this with all brands and even some rapid set (cut the wait time down though)

B

Blunt Tool

Well today whilst in CTD I decided to take @Andy Allen advice and tried the Weber set plus white instead of the spf white (blue bag) must admit mixed up really well added some
AD250 and was really good to use. Stood up well, no collapse in ribs, didn’t need mixed up again and didn’t dry out. Think it might be my new standard adhesive, good shout Andy!

Reply to Weber set spf... Thoughts? in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen