Search the forum,

Discuss Water underfloor heating, ceramic tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

barryrobins

PS - they said matting is ok with their u'f water heating but we didn't use theirs.....!

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
PS - they said matting is ok with their u'f water heating but we didn't use theirs.....!

That is a complete cop out on their behalf. Either it is suitable or it is not suitable. There is no difference technically between their wet system and any other wet system in terms of what it does to the floor. That aside I think it is beyond dispute at least as far as the forums are concerned that Ditra Matting is suitable for use with underfloor heating.

That said I don't think that this would have been the route cause of the problem anyway. As previously posted in terms of resolution I don't think you have much choice other than to remove what is there and replace it with more suitable floor build up.

I guess it is possible to just take up the tiles and use a mechanism on top of the chip board to help reduce deflection such as Lewis decking or something like that but that would affect the overall depth and weight of the floor so would need careful design consideration.

easiest and quickest thing for me would be take up the tiles and the chipboard, Lift the UFH pipes if necessary, put in additional noggins as required and then start again. May be the builder should be dealing with this?

S

steve187

Hi and welcome

as other posters have said, the floor is not firm enough for the tiling, looks like a big job is required to keep a tiled floor.

best of luck with the repairs.

Reply to Water underfloor heating, ceramic tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen