Search the forum,

Discuss Video: How to drill a hole into curved ceramic sink, loo, urinal, shower tray, bath in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 1779

Sometimes if you have bought white goods for the bathroom project the holes may not be in the right place to match the plumbing layout of the room.

But rather than abandon that trendy granite sink or that sleek white toilet it is possible for less the £40 to place the correct holes into your white goods.

We have been asked many times how you go about drilling a hole into a kiln fired sink or toilet. So this project is here to give you the inside scoop on how to diamond core drill a hole into ceramic goods.

180771_489046952013_617362013_6053739_8372448_n.jpg

[video=youtube;PpZVa5I0blA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpZVa5I0blA[/video]

The 9 minute video gives a comprehensive guide to any person who wants to tackle the task of drilling a perfect hole into white goods like a sink toilet urinal shower tray and other fired kiln bathroom items.

G

Gazzer

Re: Video: How to drill a hole into curved ceramic sink, loo, urinal, shower tray, ba

Lovely ending Richard :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 1779

Re: Video: How to drill a hole into curved ceramic sink, loo, urinal, shower tray, ba

Lovely ending Richard
Haha! - Yes well its a bit of a dull video its only going to be of critical interest to the three customers a month who call us up with this problem.
So for anyone who can sit through the 9 mins there is a bit of fun at the end....

At the moment we are fielding enough enquiries a year (about 40 a year) from people who need to relocate holes or add holes into white goods that it was worth taking the half day to create this 9min "show me how.."

Reaction score

v cute not you richard

S

Scott

That James Nesbit will do take a part in anything theses days.......

D

Deleted member 1779

Further adding to this project these are the photographs of the work.....

The project covers drilling holes into sanitary ware like sinks, showers, loos, toilets, urinals, cisterns, white bathroom goods.

182417_493264362013_617362013_6112977_7368002_n.jpg

All sanitary ware needs holes... It just that SOMETIMES they are in the wrong place.

168328_493264337013_617362013_6112974_4308771_n.jpg

For example you may have an entry hole that is too narrow for the coach bolts that you have in place to fix the pan.
This could be because the coach bolts and fixing kit are already in place if you have simply swapped out the loo pan.

180674_493264432013_617362013_6112980_4418085_n.jpg

In this image you can see we have drilled straight through the side of sanitary ware.

photo.php
180061_493264397013_617362013_6112978_2117987_n.jpg

In this double image you can see that we have enlarged an existing hole.
This could be because there is a different base unit to the cistern. Mix and Match.

182203_493263577013_617362013_6112948_86597_n.jpg

Here is an extreme closeup of the material we have drilled and removed from the sanitary ware.
You can see that in the middle is the original manufacturers hole with the glaze.
And you can see the results of the PORSADRILL diamond core drill as it has made its way through the white goods.
Looking closely at the glaze its easy to see that the result is neat and tidy.

Some readers of this post may wonder why on earth we have gone to so much trouble to show this project. But it accounts for about 4 sales a month of our diamond tile core drills. And so thats about 50 sales a year.
A lot of people type into google the key words for this project so we have spent a lot of time using the words like diamond drilling into sanitary ware with core drill bits to make a hole larger or smaller.

It wont be a post that is exciting for anyone other than the people who are desperate to modify their white bathroom goods. However I hope that even if it was no use to you as a project that you found it interesting !

J

JohnMcLane

Yup, I'll back this up. Just to give the context, I ordered a close coupled WC neglecting to consider the existing waste.With it being a flat, there wasn't much I could do with that. So ordered a 115mm bit from 365drills.

Variations from suggested guidance: I didn't have a pillar drill and didn't think it would be much use for the intended purpose. I used my trusted dewalt 18v, and made myself a template from corrguated plastic (two layers taped together). Water supplied through bottles of water, with constant going back to the kitchen sink to fill them up.

The hole is as good as anything I could have hoped for and got me out of a pickle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Video: How to drill a hole into curved ceramic sink, loo, urinal, shower tray, bath in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen