Search the forum,

Discuss Victorian tile restoration in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Tibbj

TF
Reaction score
I have problem and would like some help or advice. We have a victorian home in Saint John NB. At some point, the homeowner carpeted over a beautiful victorian black and white marble floor in the portico. I tried everywhere to figure out how to remove the mastic stuck on the floor. So today I used furniture stripper and that is working, any advice on what else I should be aware of or what else I could do? Thank you for your help

Wayne Brown

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Multi solve cleaner is a good product and is harmless to most surfaces there's no fast fix solution a sharp scraper and elbow grease. Kop

Screenshot_20190906-061230.png

D

Dumbo

It's often just a case of finding what works to clean off your problem as cleaning is normally specific to what you're trying to get off rather than the tile , always test in an inconspicuous area first to make sure it doesn't damage the tile first , but do not use any acid based products on marble as it will ruin it as it will dissolve the surface .

Reply to Victorian tile restoration in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen