Search the forum,

Discuss victorian hall tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jason2875

good morning,since removing some tatty looking laminate flooring in my hallway i have found the porch area to have some quite nice floor tiles,i would like to keep these but they are covered in glue and quite grubby,they also looked like they was layed on a friday afternoon by that i mean not striaght in the hall hopefully the pic will show what i mean,so my questions are should i try and lift them and relay them striaght ? what should i use to remove the glue and dirt
thanks for any help or advice

Attachments

• 220.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 44
  • 217.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 46
D

DHTiling

Wonky is not the word. :lol:

I would lift and replace.. will be cheap enough for a small area like that..

R

Richard Edwards

Not worth the effort and you will really need to deliver the cleaning agent through a machine to get the best results, seal and polish afterwards.

Lift, replavce substrate and lay a new one in colours and design to suit you - tiles plain will cost about £120-150/m2 plus installation etc

Reply to victorian hall tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen