Search the forum,

Discuss Victorian garden tile feature restoration. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

Fred

Saw a job today. A Victorian garden feature that was laid in the late 80's using tiles from the clients sisters house in the west country. 2 x2 m2, over hanged by bushes, which I said I will cut back, a gardener now!!!

Any way, several of the tiles have blown this winter past, the grout joints have, in some places, weeds growing, and 2 lines of the out-line feature stand up tiles have basically crumbled. All tiles to be replaced apart from 2 have replacement tiles.

I'm ok with scoring out weeds, re-grouting, replacing defected tiles etc, but I need advice on liquids to clean the tiles up from the eliments, and a final liquid to bring it all back to life and hopefully pretect it.

Many thanks, Fred.

Reply to Victorian garden tile feature restoration. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen