Search the forum,

Discuss Van woes ....... again.... in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Looks like the gearbox is nackered on my van.....05 trafic, same as viviro and primaster ..
I know it's a common fault on these vans.
Has anyone had there's done.
What kind of cost we looking at..

Q

Qwerty

My old 2008 Vivaro had nearly every engine part replaced incl gearbox @£1500. I hated that money pit so bought a new Transit custom.

Recon boxes are cheaper but not much

bsc ceramics

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
not sure if its the same thing but didn't someone on here have a problem with changing gear and couldn't get a part (maybe for the linkage) but got it welded instead. vans are the Bain of my life as well mate, good luck.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Looking on line I've seen recon boxes for £500. So it's just the fitting cost...

Im still driving it.....just got to go from 2nd to 4th.......3rd gear seems vanished...:(

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Gearbox on my 05 Traffic cost me £1100 2 years ago. Gearbox bearing was making a hell of a noise. Gearbox out....sent of to repair......put back in. Luckily the clutch didn’t need replacing.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
that might be this linkage thing Andy think you can weld it. might be wrong but worth a look..
Could be.....had trouble with the linkage a couple of weeks ago......think I'll get my local garage to take a look first..

These vans really are pants .....seems like I'm just waiting for the next thing to go wrong..

Reply to Van woes ....... again.... in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen