• Thread starter Perfect Tiling
  • Start date
  • Replies 2
  • Views 1K
  • bal

Discuss Using BAL Flexbone in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

Perfect Tiling

Hi all....hope everyone keeping safe. I have a floor to tile in the next few weeks once the commissioning has completed its cycle.
Customer has purchased BAL flexbone which I have never used although I use other decoupling mats that are bonded to the floor.
What size and style of trowel do you guys tend to use....tiles are 600 x 600 x 10mm porcelain and I'll be using BAL rapid flex.
I always back butter as required but I take it you can't lift a tile to check coverage as the mat will just lift up since its not stuck down.
Cheers in advance.

Paulg83

TF
Reaction score
Hi all....hope everyone keeping safe. I have a floor to tile in the next few weeks once the commissioning has completed its cycle.
Customer has purchased BAL flexbone which I have never used although I use other decoupling mats that are bonded to the floor.
What size and style of trowel do you guys tend to use....tiles are 600 x 600 x 10mm porcelain and I'll be using BAL rapid flex.
I always back butter as required but I take it you can't lift a tile to check coverage as the mat will just lift up since its not stuck down.
Cheers in advance.
Never used flexbone but just pry the tile up gently with a bucket trowel or similar but don't be doing it with every single tile, a 12mm trowel and a flat floor and you're golden 👍

Reply to Using BAL Flexbone in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I’m after a bit of advice. I’ve just removed the floor tiles in our on suite. After...
Replies
Views
Hi. Screed been down ten years, no issues . I’m about to start the mammoth task of lifting...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay