Search the forum,

Discuss Uneven hardiebacker on victorian terrace bathroom floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi there - so i have ripped up the old tiles and old layer of ply and cork. Replaced with 12mm hardiebacker screwed in along with a layer of adhesive between the backer and the floor. There is some discrepancy of maybe 5mm between aome of the boards. Do i need to start again? Im using flexible adhesive and the room is around 1-2m2.

Current plan has been to rip up the problem boards and reapply

Any advice would be great!

S

Spare Tool

Personally I prefer Tilemaster levelflex and would use there primer, but most reputable manufacturers make a leveler suitable. Your boards will only be as flat as the floor your screwing them to..

J

J Sid

if you have any gaps round the edge fill with expanding foam, also use to create a dam across the door.

W

Waluigi

Be careful with HB. Often it can be poorly stored and as it’s such a rigid material, if the base of the storage pallet (or whatever) isn’t flat then every last board will be on the wobble. I hate the stuff, especially the 12mm

Reply to Uneven hardiebacker on victorian terrace bathroom floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen