Search the forum,

Discuss Under Mix Bagged Adhesive? in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

SteUK

Doing our bathroom over. Just finishing off putting backer board up and thinking about the tanking and actual tiling. Suddenly had a mini panic attack that I am not mixing up the adhesive enough. Mixing by hand, I never seemed to be doing it in large enough amounts that a paddle worked for me. So....My question...

Is it possible to under mix bagged adhesive (Mapei in my case) ? What would be the result if you do? The boards are stuck on fast, tried to pull a small section off by hand (that isn't mechanically fixed like other bits), and there is no moving it! So the boards are stuck on well I should say. Some have been on 6 months now!

Thanks!
Ste

S

SteUK

Everyone loves a picture or two, so here are some :)

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

J

J Sid

I always Mechanically mix, you will need to read the bag, go on the adhesive manufacturers website, search the Tec sheets and small print on the product you are using for there recommendations for how to mix if you want to retain any hope of them guaranteeing it if you decide to mix by hand.

S

SJPurdy

Typically the powder (pre mixed cement, fillers, additive) just needs to be stirred until it becomes a smooth paste that is free of lumps. Even if using a mechanical mixer it needs to be moved around in the mix so that the above smooth paste is obtained. If there are any lumps of drier material in the paste then it is not mixed enough.

I'd recommend anyone using any tile adhesive, grout, etc. etc. should download the data sheet for the product before using it.

Reply to Under Mix Bagged Adhesive? in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen