Search the forum,

Discuss ultracolour problem in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

grumpygrouter

I use it and think its great gear, but what your saying grumps is that it could not be guaranteed in a power shower or wet area?
How often do we use epoxy? Very little is the answer but from what you are saying the only way to get absolutely no come backs from installations such as mentioned is to insist on epoxy grouts?
Just trying to imagine what a customer would say if I told them the grout is not waterproof, Ardex do a powered grout, the number of it escapes me but it is for swimming pool situations and 100% waterproof I should imagine.

:20:
The "waterproof" in the context that you refer to is that the product doesn't break down in contact with water. "Waterproof" in the strictest sense means that water will not pass through it. All cement based grouts are water resistant and not waterproof as far as I am aware. Just because they can be used on swimming pools and powershowers doesn't make them waterproof. I think the ardex product is ardex f4 and if you check the data sheet, you will find that they recommend mixing with E101 latex additive to make it more water resistant.:thumbsup:

S

stevee

DIAMOND thats sounds about right bud

just got off the phone to mapei techniccal,he said sounds normal, over the next couple of weeks it will harden more and lessen the affect

rang the customer ,told him, he was ok, just done me ed in as ive only been going 7 weeks,cheers very much muckers ,steve

S

stevee

for what its worth ,heres a pic of the offending shower:thumbsup:, albeit not dampened

Attachments

• 2849.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 104
M

Matt

I've just spoke to Mapei technical about this and the gentleman I spoke to said that it is "just what happens". He said Ultracolour Plus is suitable for swimming pools so there is nothing to worry about. He did ofcourse say it was "water repellent" not waterproof.

U

user123

I used Seal Guard on white grout in my bathroom /Apple tree feature - see photos in album - and it stops the grout from darkening when wet - great stuff IMO - the spray is easy to use, the brush on liquid lasts longer. :thumbsup:

Reply to ultracolour problem in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen