Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss UK Tiling Forum | Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

jonnyc

sorting through my photos to do a new web site.
heres one did last year.
1000 x 1000 x 15 mm balck porcelain.
anhydrite screed
ardex p51 primer.
x77g adhesive.
dliex schluter expansion joints.
this porcelain was very hard. used trade tiler montolit blade to cut skirtings . we could cut a 1000mm long strip 3mm wide with this blade . no other blades could get close

Attachments

• large (29).jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 82
  • large (28).jpg
    85 KB · Views: 84
  • large (27).jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 76
  • large (23).jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 79
  • large (22).jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 71
  • large (21).jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 80
  • large (20).jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 69
  • large (19).jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 73
  • large (18).jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 71
  • large (17).jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 76
  • large (16).jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 76
  • large (15).jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 77
  • large (12).jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 73
  • large (11).jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 72
  • large (10).jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 69
  • large (9).jpg
    74 KB · Views: 66
  • large (24).jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 69
  • large (25).jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 67
  • large (26).jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 71
R

rainsco

very very nice! i like the wooden floor insert in the living room. can you tell me the manufactor of the tiles? (rak gems lounge anthrazit?) they look very nice and fit to some projekts i plan at the moment.
any bathroom pictures of this amazing house?

J

jonnyc

i can find out manufacturer of tiles for you but they were difficult to fix.
there was a big bow in them owing to size.
to keep them prisitine is an on going job as they show every mark and even footprints when walking over without shoes.
these tiles were not quite black but very dark grey .this as a colour is in at the moment it seems in uk and it throws up loads of problems with grout staining,
it was not polished either and stained really badly but got this off with a cleaner after many attempts.
overall it looks great with the decor and the architect richard gardiner was so good to work with.

he gave me a very detailed spec and layout drawings, which we adjusted together as the job evolved.
this is how it should be where respect and knowledge shared by both parties and we reached a nice conclusion i feel

R

rainsco

i know, you are a pci fan but take care if you ever use pci geofug on dark tiles. any kind of residuals can not removed by acid cleaners. especially you musn´t bring water for 7 days into the groat. in the aktuell "fliesen and platten" there is a report that says two or three change cleanings with acid and alkaline lotion is the key but i had a projekt there was not. i worked 9 hours in a bathroom to clean the tiles mechanicly with a epoxy pad by hand and scouring milk.

J

jonnyc

Rainsco

i didnt do the bathrooms ,although i was asked to.
thought my price too high.
they look ok , but not as good as i hope i could have achieved.
i dont see the point of posting someone elses work.
have taken on board your pci advice and will take care.
i actually still use ardex grouts , probably from habit but they are good.

J

jonnyc

a local job with a good mix of stone.
kitchen : roche marron antiqued and distressed french limestone 140.00sq mts
orangerie: lincoln limestone antiqued
master bathroom: some sort of travertine 900 x 400 . never seen a waste in shower fkoor in corner like this before or since.
orangerie and kitchen stone stain stop and hard french wax /buff.

Attachments

• Yell Tile Pic05.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 55
  • Yell Tile Pic04.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 49
  • Yell Tile Pic13.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 48
  • Yell Tile Pic26.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 47
  • Yell Tile Pic28.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 50
  • Yell Tile Pic17.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 59
  • Yell Tile Pic19.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 57
  • Yell Tile Pic22.JPG
    406.8 KB · Views: 59
  • Yell Tile Pic20.JPG
    424.7 KB · Views: 54
R

rainsco

amazing bathroom! you can print it in any bathroom design book!
colour, texture and format of the travertin are very nice. turkish? i like that format. i try to do more 40er instead of 30x60 or 30er broadlies(???).
the only thing i don´t like is the hansacanyon bathtub running in armature. ok, its a contrast to this crazy bathtub but i think a one in stainless steel like the rainshower would be nicer.
the glass partition is also very minimal and fine.
again a very inspiring bathroom. i copy the pictures and try to affect my customers in this direction.
never see such a bathtub before? is it custom made or is it more often used in UK?

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
That's looks stunning Jonny, You really do work in some top homes as well.

Reply to UK Tiling Forum | Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks