Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss UK Tiling Forum | Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Tony73

TF
Arms
Reaction score
is that someones house? never seen that in a house before very nice mate :sofahide:
Yes that is house. five flats... I did many entrances , using this stone , around London :) Very first day, my 9 inch grinder broke, so used 4inch Makita for all cuts :mad2:

M

Mr Tiler

daayyymmmmm!!!!! would love to feel the weight of those badboys! I bet even if the adhesive fails they wont be moving anywhere! lol... was it the same method for laying 10mm? and it looks to me like you somehow had to lower the floor level to accommodate the tiles?

Tony73

TF
Arms
Reaction score
daayyymmmmm!!!!! would love to feel the weight of those badboys! I bet even if the adhesive fails they wont be moving anywhere! lol... was it the same method for laying 10mm? and it looks to me like you somehow had to lower the floor level to accommodate the tiles?
Method is simple- put plenty of adhesive, drop stone slab and dance on it... :lol:

R

rainsco

portland, nice, entrance also! i spoke to that people on marmormacc. i want to import the holey shell limestone.

J

jonnyc

today i make a showertray for my parents. its for a temporary shower place. in two years if i have more time i will make the whole bathroom but now i just make a low shower place. its nice for me so i can do what i want to do long time before. beeing a human cnc machine.

calibrating the jura limestone. 103,5cm x 83cm
View attachment 54676

milling the 1,5cm deeper area for the drain
View attachment 54677
cutting the slope cuts.
View attachment 54678

with the good slope cuts its easy to mill it out and get it flat.
View attachment 54679

1,5cm slope
View attachment 54680

sand it wet with 50grid
View attachment 54681

brushed with 36 grit diamond brush .. then 60, 120, and final 240
View attachment 54682
lovely job .
i like your style and method as always.
cant see what the stone is .
is it sollhofen or dura perhaps

R

rainsco

hi jonny. its jura limestone.. the shower place is fixed.. posting pics soon.... but this weekend i make another "human cnc" job:

import the roughly slaps direct from the quarry in south tirol. the stone is called "seiser basalt". its a very special story about the stone. they found it random by building a cable car station. they cut out the blocks bevore the station was built and thats it. limited edition.
kt01.jpg

calibrate it with the cs60.
kt02.jpg

milled edges with the easy bevel. yes, its possible to make edges exclusive with an dry or wet grinder but i want perfect angles and a technical look like machine produced.
kt03.jpg

i cut the armour channels with a 5mm thick blade also in the cs 60
kt04.jpg

making the cut outs and the drip off area with my hand-operated center
kt05.jpg

the result.. the stone is not darkend yet and the skirting boards are leaving on this day.
kt06.jpg

kt07.jpg

kt08.jpg

this was my first kitchen top.. not a easy one. i think i lost 1 year of my live time because of inner fear.

R

rainsco

being a human waterjet.. last week i convince my customers to an idea i want to to for long time. i make a few designs on my cad and we decided to choose one version. we make the same radius on the edges like the basin has. so now i have to wait for the emperador filling material.

wj01.jpg wj02.jpg wj03.jpg
the cad: brunner-wc-20-04.jpg

I

Ian

being a human waterjet.. last week i convince my customers to an idea i want to to for long time. i make a few designs on my cad and we decided to choose one version. we make the same radius on the edges like the basin has. so now i have to wait for the emperador filling material.

View attachment 55100 View attachment 55101 View attachment 55102
the cad: View attachment 55103

You are a very talented man, that is one of the most original designs I've ever seen, fantastic work.

ishi69

TF
Reaction score

View attachment 55100 View attachment 55101 View attachment 55102
the cad: View attachment 55103

You should be extremely proud of yourself for creating such exceptional work. Your attention to detail and originality are outstanding and inspiring thanks for your posts rainsco.

Reply to UK Tiling Forum | Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks