Search the forum,

Discuss UFH floor Tiling Problem in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com.

F

firekill

Hi all, i have got wet UFH in my newly laid kitchen floor(laid in early August and UFH not commisined yet) and also have a adjoining utility area and pantry which doesnt have UFH ( RADS) which i intend to finish all in the same tile. The utility is a concrete floor with 20mm marmox boards on top to bring it up to same height as kitchen floor . the pantry is also concrete but without marmox . As the tiles are going over differant areas with differant expansion i was thinking of installing a de coupled membrane over the whole floor area including the marmox boards. is this the correct method ? thanks Daz

F

firekill

The floor was laid in mid August this year and the UFH manifold is being installed next week . I will follow the correct procedure with the commissioning of the system. I was thinking porcelain tiles around 500mm sq , why the expansion joint method and not just a de coupled membrane. I thought the membrane would be ok and would look much neater than the expansion joint method. Would I need the membrane as well even if I did the joint method ?

H

hmtiling

I'd only w
The floor was laid in mid August this year and the UFH manifold is being installed next week . I will follow the correct procedure with the commissioning of the system. I was thinking porcelain tiles around 500mm sq , why the expansion joint method and not just a de coupled membrane. I thought the membrane would be ok and would look much neater than the expansion joint method. Would I need the membrane as well even if I did the joint method ?
Doesn't have to be a mechanical expansion joint. It could be a clout coded silicone soft joint. The ufh part will move differently to the rest.

Reply to UFH floor Tiling Problem in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

Birthdays