Search the forum,

Discuss Tta Review In Tsj in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

On one

Anyone read Gary Walsh's review of the TTA and the TTA's reply in the Tile & Stone Journal?

Nothing of any substance to refute the claim that the TTA does nothing for tile fixers,
.......in essence,a long wordy reply which ignores some of questions Mr Walsh has raised?
me thinks the TTA,just doesn't gelt it.

W

White Room

I read it and thought Gary made some good points but the reply didn't fill me with joy to be honest.

S

Spud

The debate was started last month by Mike Mansell who argues the contractors should have their own association which concentrates on the needs and interests of the tile fixers as per the Australians done he suggested that at the moment in its current form the TTA only benefits the big boys who have members on the board
I am not knocking the hard working individuals of the TTA who many give up their own free time I seconded what Mike stated in his arguement , I genuinely feel the TTA could do a whole lot more for tilers and tiling contractors , the reply in the journal stated that one of the TTA key achievements was the fact that 10 lads got through their nvq level 2 wall and floor tiling quail action last year
10 apprentice tilers in a country of 65,000,000 people is not an achievement in my humble opinion
I won't say any more on it as it's not fair if they can't reply here

S

Spud

Surely a place like this is exactly where the tta should be engaging with us tilers !
The TTA have been asked many times to represent themselves on the forums but are not interested Julian , I raised it several times at some of the events and every time it was dismissed and the response is there is too much poor advice given on them lol
The main problem is the board , the committees have no power and they are not allowed to talk to each other , the minutes are taken by the secretary and any suggestions are given to to the board who decide on what happens
Social media and the internet is the new tilers/ tiling association
I can discuss tiling specification with tilers in Australia and the USA on tile geeks get product feedback and specification from the best in the world through this forum and Facebook

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
I think most governing bodies in this country need to wake up and not just take fees but do nothing. I have been a member of a few over the years and they all promise this and that but I haven't yet received one thing from them. I am currently not affiliated to anyone of them, I have been thinking of joining the TTA but i'm not so sure. Can anyone give me a reason to join??

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

as a member of the gpc for years i can say with out any dout they think all tilers are a waste of time .and have no itrested in you apart from milking you .think you are a bunch of mugs not worth listerning to .never once have they had tilers test new products and give there view .when they did on there own were threatened with being throw out .and as for looking out for tilers when the dural matting went wrong they kept it to them selfs .and fibara glass backed tiles they did the same.members only .how is that looking after tilers or shops if you are looking after the tiling world every one in it should have know. members and none members alike .i joined to make a diffrence i left you can work it out .

Reply to Tta Review In Tsj in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen