Search the forum,

Discuss Trusted Lads - Help with this please? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.tilersforums.com/threads/price-base-rate-lets-do-this.78032/#post-784527

Perhaps if you wanted to go incognito, respond here with average (not your own) rates for your area?

I'll put the leg work in and make this a generalised base rate for areas etc.

So customers know when they're being under sold, tilers know when they're under cutting, and perhaps eventually we can come up with a bit of a guide that's quite trusted, and even tile shops and whatnot use it as a bit of a guide.

Obviously over time, it'll get more accurate, so perhaps quote generalised for the start (maybe 12 months or so) but if I can, I'll try and get it accurate and then maybe even push it out to the likes of check a trade etc to see if they can mention the same sorts of rates etc

Please help with this one. Perhaps a bloody use for this green tag for once? (wink wink)

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
With all due respect Dan, I don't think many guys / girls are gonna post their rates for all to see. As a rough guide though the rule of thumb ( used to be )
Ceramic £20 - £25 m2
Porcelain £35 - £40 m2
Stone £45 + m2
ALL OF THE ABOVE, going back 10 ish years, now, not there but coming back in my personal experience.
Prep etc day rate, location dependant and things did get tight

All that is bovine excrement in the real world, if you need the work your prices will reflect it, if you don't want the work, you'll overprice it ( bonus if you get it )
Hope that helps, a little ?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay well that's that one then. Just trying to see if I can help using the collective but perhaps that one will never happen.

:)

Reply to Trusted Lads - Help with this please? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen