Search the forum,

Discuss To Seal or Not to Seal - Mapei Kerapoxy Design Glitter Grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

Lelly24

Hi There

We are currently in the process of tiling our new kitchen. We have tiled the cooker splashback with a highly polished, iridescent mosaic tile. We will be grouting with Mapei Kerapoxy Design Glitter Grout. Do we need to seal the tiles first, and if so, with what? I know the glitter grout is pretty difficult stuff to contend with and we hope not to wreak the tiles, will sealing them first help?

Thanks

Eleri

U

user123

Re: To Seal or Not to Sael - Mapei Kerapoxy Design Glitter Grout

Hi Eleri, :welcome: are the iridescent tiles glass?

L

Lelly24

Hi there

Yes, sorry I meant to say that, the mosaics are glass.

U

user123

Hi Lelly, then you don't have to seal them - sealers only apply to porous materials like stone and porcelain:)

Reply to To Seal or Not to Seal - Mapei Kerapoxy Design Glitter Grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen