Search the forum,

Discuss Tips for setting out in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I always initially mark out from centres and see what that looks like. After marking the walls and floor and taking into account the bath, shower, window sills etc. Like Acaciaguy says, it can take an hour just getting it right.
Man, if a customer walked into a bathroom or kitchen that i was marking out they would wonder what all the scribbling on their walls and floor were, and coupled with the pencil sharpenings on the floor they would probably wonder wtf!! lol

my walls look like they have been assaulted by a box of sharpies 😀

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I would have thought set out was easy with your monster tiles @3_fall.

O

Old Mod

I would have thought set out was easy with your monster tiles @3_fall.

I wish Neil, typically clients will NOT buy spare material.
And to make it even easier, they start one side of a door frame and do one continual measurement to the other side of the door frame and divide by 1.2 or 1.6. And think nothing of material for niches, window reveals blah blah.
Last bathroom I did had 400mm sill and reveals and they wanted it in one piece with no joint and window was 1m x 1m that’s a lot of extra material.
[automerge]1579804838[/automerge]
He knows nothing about setting each tile he fits hits the ceiling and the floor and both adjacent walls

In the immortal words of Bart Simpson!

BITE ME 😊

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
And that’s why I like to stick to 600 x 300 max 😂

That said I have some 1200 x 600 coming up :confused:

O

Old Mod

For instance: basin on window wall with wall mounted taps off centre to window. so you centre to window or centre to tap. thats a compromise.
Sorry, being facetious, clients I come across, compromise is not in their vocabulary.
Those that know my work know I was being ridiculous. 😊

Reply to Tips for setting out in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen