Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling Standards (BS 5385) | British Wall and Floor Tiling Standards - IN FULL in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

White Room

To be honest pj I have never seen BS on a box of tiles but then I have never looked, Will now:huh2:

T

The D

Personally I see the standards as a measuring stick if something goes wrong the stick is held up and if you don’t measure up you don’t have a leg to stand on. It is for protection the customers and yours

M

MICK the Tiler

I won't be a formal voter as I'm not familar with the in's and outs of BS, but in saying that an informed tiler is a smart tiler and if your new to the game you should purchase and study the standards to become familar with there contents.

Yes they are a guide and yes they are rules, but the rules will come into play if a matter goes to court, so the court will look at a particular standard as a benchmark to which the work has been carried out.

P

pacman

If you do a job for Mr and Mrs Blogs and they are not happy with your work they can take you to court if your work dos not conform to the British standards then you will loos so in that respect they are rules.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I vote rules, as when I tile they're rules. No problem can be presented to me that I can't get around sticking to the rules. After-all, it's not the tile I leave dodgy because the pipes in the way, it's the pipe I make dangerours by moving that and stick to MY rules - or the British Standard. KEEP YOUR TILES PRETTY!

S

Spud

bs 5385 part 1 £150 part 2 £110 part3 £110 part 4 £120 part5 £150 total around about £650-£700 for the full set why so expensive ?

M

Mike

does anyone know the british standard level variance for tiling? can't find it anywere. thanks:thumbsup:

A

anouskac

Hi Here, need some help.
I've a customer that is arguing that the grout lines on her floor tiles are not parallel with both walls in her hallway, problem is her hallway walls are not straight, but she does not understand, she refuses to pay, thinking its a problem with the tiling. She is contacting the association of tilers though not sure what they can do???
Is there any standards or anything i can quote to her that explains this, as she does not understand and i need her to so i can get paid?
Thanks

Reply to Tiling Standards (BS 5385) | British Wall and Floor Tiling Standards - IN FULL in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen