Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling Rates Per Square Meter / Per Day – How much do tilers charge? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
If I was earning exactly what my maximum day rate is every single one of the 40 weeks per year I worked and had absolutely no overheads In my business at all then it would be a healthy income wouldn’t it? One thing to also consider is out of the days I’m not actually on the tools, I’m doing other things involved in the business. I’m not sure how long some of you spend doing quotes but I spend a long time putting out complete costings and often visiting customers three or four times for one job so it’s not all it’s cracked up to be. Still, that’s the day rate. £250 flat rate, plus money made on materials.

D

Dumbo

If I was earning exactly what my maximum day rate is every single one of the 40 weeks per year I worked and had absolutely no overheads In my business at all then it would be a healthy income wouldn’t it? One thing to also consider is out of the days I’m not actually on the tools, I’m doing other things involved in the business. I’m not sure how long some of you spend doing quotes but I spend a long time putting out complete costings and often visiting customers three or four times for one job so it’s not all it’s cracked up to be. Still, that’s the day rate. £250 flat rate, plus money made on materials.
Why are visiting customers three or four times, I go once 99.9% of the time . Get it sorted in one visit
Quote visit time average 1/2 an hour

Reaction score
I do complete Bathrooms and Kitchens. It might sounds sad :oops: but I bring over Colour boards to show what the customers wall tiles, feature wall, flooring, worktop etc look like together. Also arranging Photo-realistic images. It all takes time. 4 visits is on the high side, usually two or three.
[automerge]1567286613[/automerge]
Also guaranteeing what I’m installing isn’t without its faults. A tap packs up after a year, I’m going over to sort it out free of charge.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Swearing! And tempers people. Come on, public thread and all that. Potential customers of yours and / or your colleagues are on here.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I do complete Bathrooms and Kitchens. It might sounds sad :oops: but I bring over Colour boards to show what the customers wall tiles, feature wall, flooring, worktop etc look like together. Also arranging Photo-realistic images. It all takes time. 4 visits is on the high side, usually two or three.
[automerge]1567286613[/automerge]
Also guaranteeing what I’m installing isn’t without its faults. A tap packs up after a year, I’m going over to sort it out free of charge.

Where in the country are you ? Even at £350 a day @£350 your turnover is at the least £70 grand, and your over heads shouldn’t be massive if you are a sole trader , unless you have premises and employees , vans etc .
So let’s say £60 grand a year profit , that’s a hell of a wage for a sole trader .
Not many on here , or in the trade I know earn over 60 grand a year , and I know a lotta lotta people in the trade
[automerge]1567326884[/automerge]
Anyway, off to spend some of my money , bye

F

Flintstone

If some one is supplying bathrooms and or kitchens it is very feasible that they could earn a lot.

D

Dumbo

I don't follow your logic though . If went around spending a whole day getting ready for job then went and did the job in a day and charged £400 . You would say I earn't £400 pound a day whereas I would say I earn't £200 a day

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
If some one is supplying bathrooms and or kitchens it is very feasible that they could earn a lot.
No #### Sherlock, but are we earning £3/4/500 a day every day , or averaging around £200 a day in reality .
I was earning a lot more than 3/400 a day the other momth or so, but in reality , over the year I’m averaging around £200 a day ish .
But I suppose, if I like bigging my *** up, I could say “ yeah i earn between £400 or £500 a day” which is around 100 grand a year with 6 weeks holiday thrown in ;)
But I’m not, as I like 12 weeks holiday a year

Reaction score
I don't follow your logic though . If went around spending a whole day getting ready for job then went and did the job in a day and charged £400 . You would say I earn't £400 pound a day whereas I would say I earn't £200 a day

It wouldn’t be like that though. It would be more like ‘I spent a day organising a job that will be taking me three weeks to complete’
I partly agree with Widler but not spread out over the whole year, it’s more spread out over a whole career. Going through two recessions I earned very little, sat at home sometimes earning nothing. Now that the times are good, I want to earn as much as I can. I spend more time pricing work and putting higher prices in to get the better, more profitable jobs. There is lots of work out there. There might not be next year. Maybe the guys who are charging a more modest amount might have plenty of work next year when I’m sat doing nothing or scraping by on low day rate.

Reply to Tiling Rates Per Square Meter / Per Day – How much do tilers charge? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen