Discuss Tiling Price Base Rate - how much do tilers charge? in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

Just Rizzle

Tiled in 2 days

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

L

LM

Just a question! When you talk about a days work are we saying a days proper graft no arsing about, tea breaks allowed but short and proper? Or are we talking a rather sort of lathargic stroll around the job with all the time in the world for a chat an all the brews you can get? Efficiency is what I'm getting at here!

J

Just Rizzle

He's tiling onto properly prepared walls, so no farting about, what's the problem with doing 15-18 mts a day on walls like that. Gift in my book!
Thanks if you prep the job right the tiling is the easy bit.
The walls were ripped back to brick then plumbed using wedi boards 1200x2400 and again fixed using 8mm 500mm double handed trowel addy used tile master ultimate

J

Just Rizzle

Just a question! When you talk about a days work are we saying a days proper graft no arsing about, tea breaks allowed but short and proper? Or are we talking a rather sort of lathargic stroll around the job with all the time in the world for a chat an all the brews you can get? Efficiency is what I'm getting at here!
I start at 8 get all tools ready for the day spend a time battening all round and marking my datum lines for my joints etc then I cut my tiles for the internal cuts thenmake my first Mix usually a full bag of rapid spread the whole wall and go for it back buttering as I go. At a bout 12 take a full hour and even have a kip then back on it till 4or5 then home for tea:)

J

Just Rizzle

If you don't believe me then why have I just give Hmrc on Tuesday nearly 11 k in tax:(

mma

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Some Tilers my way doing a bathroom in a day, x2 Tilers x1 labourer. Haven't seen their work but I know they are busy.

O

One Day

Thanks if you prep the job right the tiling is the easy bit.

And that, gentlemen is the key! Proper prep. Customers sometimes get stressed with the amount of prep i do on a job. But as I've always said; a good tilers job is 70% prep.

Reply to Tiling Price Base Rate - how much do tilers charge? in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks