Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling Price Base Rate - how much do tilers charge? in the Tiling Courses area at TilersForums.com.

W

White Room

Quote;
render/plaster had blown of the wall. would you get that repaired at your own expense?

Job I'm doing at the moment, he initially wanted me to tile on tile, not on your life, tapped the walls and hollows everywhere.
Started to remove tiles and the majority of hollow sounds were from tiling onto lime mortar which had blown, did I charge him for it....yes but did explain the reasoning behind it and why it needed to be removed.
@slythetiler

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Quote;
render/plaster had blown of the wall. would you get that repaired at your own expense?

Job I'm doing at the moment, he initially wanted me to tile on tile, not on your life, tapped the walls and hollows everywhere.
Started to remove tiles and the majority of hollow sounds were from tiling onto lime mortar which had blown, did I charge him for it....yes but did explain the reasoning behind it and why it needed to be removed.
@slythetiler

In my quotes I always state that if walls need repairing/boarding this will be charged extra for materials and labour.

Just done one myself where 3 of the walls were shot. I charged them for my labour and did materials at cost. They were happy as they could see the walls were not suitable to tile onto.

I have a little method that helps why the walls need to be suitable and sound for tiling onto. Just give them one box of tiles to hold for 1 minute and tell them to multiply that weight by 3 and imagine that falling on them!!!

J

juris

I am base in Reading (south east) My prices are
-ceramic £35 sqm
-porcelain £40 polished £45 sqm
- stone £45 - £55 sqm
-Mosaic £ 50 sqm
- boarder £10 lm
- Victorian tiles £ 130 sqm
+ details
all incl. adhesive and grout
yes! this is prices pro tiler have to get.other extra jobs simple 200£ a day...or 180 cash...this is how much we charge to. In some cases when is comercial jobs can do lower but better to stay on level with those prices before otherways trade going down with cowboybuilders offers. if you do price for window like i show you now on picture its shoul be 200£ on top becose quartz stone tile and 45% cutting in the edge ..and 200£ for shower floor made from tiles...

J

juris

this is pic for my last comment

20160128_174202.jpg 20140429_163931.jpg

T

tommy1712

£200 a day. I am a plumber that can tile with the best but I won't lose money to do the job

S

seananddonna

Hi All
I'm in the southwest. I agree pricing is difficult. I generally charge £20 m2 for walls, ceramic or porcelain and £25 for the floors, I don't charge extra for porcelain. I do £30 m2 for natural stone on walls and £35 for floors. mosaics £45 m2, victorian tiling £65 m2. I always add a square meter for window reveals or niche. kitchen splash back's I normally do on a day rate £135 a day. I don't charge for cutting holes, installing tile trim or siliconing. Every job is different, no parking and 120 stairs to climb with all the kit, or outside parking and the tiling job on the ground floor, some you win some you lose.

M

MW Smith Ceramics

I don't work on meterage rates ever.......lump sum for labour costs on each job.......i work within a 25 mile radius & no further so I go in at £150 per day plus diesel costs on jobs on my doorstep and up to £175 per day plus fuel if going to the maximum 25 mile radius.......

T

terrycoe1

Over the last 6 months I've pushed for doing my own tiling I was a factory manager so I would compare to what I would earn there to earning my own business .I generally look at the job estimate how Long it will take generally not far off ..give half a day or so.. I've won last 4 jobs one being for a plumber who bit my arm off at 140 a day rate to tile a bathroom in standard ceramics I'm south east if I compare my last job 130 a day wouldn't be worth setting up on ur own after you have payed out expenses ie tax ni diesel /petrol etc if I'm ridiculously quick on the job say I quote for 4 days do it in 3 I offer a cash back scheme I don't let on to this till I'm done tho customers like the honesty and most of them say not to worry we love the job where this has happend

T

the naked tiler

how can you price without seeing the technical spec on the works. Tiling is not as simple as in the 80s or 90s. There is also the quality of the works. Goin from cheap 6x6 whites to 3mtr x 1mtr 5mm thick porcelnosa tile, high spec. Every tiling job should be priced on spec, quality and tile format. If I work on a price I would earn between £300 to £600 a day, £600 rare. So why should I charge daywork at £120/£150?
I work away from home doing site work and the problems are unreal, lack of materials, change of design, broken tiles, accessories drilled wrong, I could go on. I charge £300 per day and if the meterage is there I bang it out. Or if there are problems its down to others to sort. My price is then not affected and my earnings are what they should be for working away. A extremely good tiler should earn £300 a day,exp and quality. A good site tiler, £200 a day and someone just out of collage between £80-120. No exp needs looking after. Some tile works cant be rushed, and I find it best to charge a little more to cover my ***!

Reply to Tiling Price Base Rate - how much do tilers charge? in the Tiling Courses area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen