Search the forum,

Discuss tiling over floor grade chipboard in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
For every 10 failures there's bound to be 1 or 2 lucky ones. In this case I would say yours was lucky. Fantastic, great. But that wouldn't convince any full-time tiler to alter the way they work. They would be a fool to cut corners and ignore all the advice and recommendations that are out there. We've all come across failed jobs, and don't want it to happen on any of our own jobs in the future. A DIY job, then anyone can do what they like I suppose.

But there's plenty of folk that have put trust in paying someone to do the job, and if a tradesperson was to have done your job, in the way it was done, and it did fail - I'm sure you would have been very happy to hear him say, "yeah I ignored all the BS recommendations and did what I like, thought we'd have some luck"

D

Dougs Third Go

For every 10 failures there's bound to be 1 or 2 lucky ones. In this case I would say yours was lucky. Fantastic, great. But that wouldn't convince any full-time tiler to alter the way they work. They would be a fool to cut corners and ignore all the advice and recommendations that are out there. We've all come across failed jobs, and don't want it to happen on any of our own jobs in the future. A DIY job, then anyone can do what they like I suppose.

But there's plenty of folk that have put trust in paying someone to do the job, and if a tradesperson was to have done your job, in the way it was done, and it did fail - I'm sure you would have been very happy to hear him say, "yeah I ignored all the BS recommendations and did what I like, thought we'd have some luck"
and that Martyn, is hitting the nail right on the head.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

British Standards - I think it would be very useful to readers of this thread, if someone would quote the actual clauses from the BS, which give guidance on tiling over chipboard. I don't have copy of the BS to hand.

I think this thread is BS, some complete novice giving bad advice on what should be a tilers forum. Ythan you are so wrong in every way,
you are condoning tiling onto chipboard, you are sending all the wrong signals to anyone reading this forum thread. Your method is BS, and I would ask you not to post anymore bad advice.

I would like this thread to be closed, as we don't need your uniformed and arrogant imput. Can I ask you were you draw your expertise from, strike that I'm not interested. I am out.

D

Dougs Third Go

I think this thread is BS, some complete novice giving bad advice on what should be a tilers forum. Ythan you are so wrong in every way,
you are condoning tiling onto chipboard, you are sending all the wrong signals to anyone reading this forum thread. Your method is BS, and I would ask you not to post anymore bad advice.

I would like this thread to be closed, as we don't need your uniformed and arrogant imput. Can I ask you were you draw your expertize from, strike that I'm not interested. I am out.
I think ythan is original poster Phil,

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Just bumping some of the older popular (sometimes not so popular) threads. Probably wont be current discussion these days but I just need to do it. So just ignore the thread if it's not current for you.

Reply to tiling over floor grade chipboard in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I'm searching for 42 pieces of 12" x 12" Verde Alpi marble tiles. Preferably honed. 12" x 24"...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen