Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling over acrylic splashback???? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi all.
I've been asked to tile over an acrylic splashback in a kitchen with 60x250on tiles.
The surface is sound but client doesn't want to remove it as it was fitted before her worktop and wall units were!
I'm thinking about scratching the surface with coarse sandpaper and then prime it before tiling.
I've told client I would look into it and she's happy for me to go ahead but I want to be able to guarantee the work.
Any info or views on this job would be appreciated.

Kevbos

Arms
Reaction score
Hi all.
I've been asked to tile over an acrylic splashback in a kitchen with 60x250on tiles.
The surface is sound but client doesn't want to remove it as it was fitted before her worktop and wall units were!
I'm thinking about scratching the surface with coarse sandpaper and then prime it before tiling.
I've told client I would look into it and she's happy for me to go ahead but I want to be able to guarantee the work.
Any info or views on this job would be appreciated.
Why try to guarantee something that's not being done properly?? I don't know why you would do that ? Can a thin overboard of some material be used ? But really you have hopefully made it clear that this is not anywhere near a ideal tiling method !you will do what you can but really it's not something I'd ever guarantee!!

Reaction score
Why try to guarantee something that's not being done properly?? I don't know why you would do that ? Can a thin overboard of some material be used ? But really you have hopefully made it clear that this is not anywhere near a ideal tiling method !you will do what you can but really it's not something I'd ever guarantee!!
Cheers for the reply.
I should have said I already told her that I probably wouldn't be able to guarantee the work.

Kevbos

Arms
Reaction score
Cheers for the reply.
I should have said I already told her that I probably wouldn't be able to guarantee the work.
Good on you !! There are wrong and right ways !! And as long as both parties are clear together then all good !! We don't live in a world where everyone can afford perfection !!

Reply to Tiling over acrylic splashback???? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen