Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling Onto Concrete. Should I use uncoupling mat. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Colo

TF
Reaction score
Hello,
I have a small kitchen to tile in porcelain onto a concrete floor and would be grateful for your views on using a decouple membrane.

I have lifted the old tiles and cleaned up the substrate which is in good condition. There is a small hair line crack which has been covered with self levelling compound when the floor was previously tiled and the crack had not come through the SLC so I asume the flooer is stable. The tiles I lifted were in good condition. (apart from being put down using dot and dab.) In the past have always tiled straight onto the concrete using flexible cement, but I now see that there is a system that decouples the tiles. Is it worth using on a small kitchen.

Thanks for any advice.

20200226_082958[1].jpg

Reaction score
I take it you're not responsible for the previous dot 'n dab bodge job ?

Reply to Tiling Onto Concrete. Should I use uncoupling mat. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I asked the Wunda technical department if I can just use a Ditra mat only and not the SLC...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Finally getting to lay the tiles in our renovated kitchen tomorrow. Tiles are 450x450x10...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen