Discuss Tiling one wall at a time? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

jk7039

-
Reaction score
I am a DIYer that is doing a subway tile backsplash in my kitchen for the first time. Since I work long weeks, I’m wondering if it’s okay to tile and grout one wall before moving onto the next wall? There will probably be about a week before I make it to the second wall since I work full time and I want to give myself plenty of time. So I was gonna do one wall completely, wait a week and then move onto the second wall. Is that okay?

gamer1

-
Reaction score
tiling and grouting one wall at a time with a week's gap between them is a practical approach, especially given your busy schedule. It allows you to work at your own pace and ensures that you have enough time for each step without rushing.

Just keep in mind a few tips:

Plan Your Layout: Make sure to plan your tile layout beforehand to ensure that the tiles align seamlessly between the two walls when you continue.

Keep Consistency: Use the same tile adhesive and grout for both sections to maintain consistency in color and texture.

Clean and Prep: Before starting the second wall, inspect and clean the first wall to remove any debris or excess grout.

Stay Organized: Keep track of your tile pattern and measurements to replicate it accurately on the second wall.

By following these steps, you can achieve a professional-looking result with your subway tile backsplash

Reply to Tiling one wall at a time? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks