Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling on top of shower tray with tanking in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I’ve tanked a the bathroom walls with Mapei showerproofing kit and I’ve installed a shower tray. The walls are all tiled now and I am going to do the last row in on top of the shower tray.

My question is because Mapei recommend putting the tape along the shower tray and wall and tanking over the tray slightly which is then hidden by the tiles and adhesive thickness, do I need need to leave a gap under the tiles and on top of the tray and still put a bead of sealant along it or is that step replaced by the fact I used the tape? I would still be included to put some sealant in front of the tiles but I don’t know if I should be leaving a small gap to fill also or do I but the tiles up straight on the tray? Although doing that could cause them to crack if there is any movement with the tray?

Any advice would be great. Thank you

Reply to Tiling on top of shower tray with tanking in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen