Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling from floor to line up with worksurface in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to this forum. My business is a handyman. Often this includes small tiling jobs usually kitchen splash backs.

My approach is to start with a full tile above the worktop surface. However tomorrow I have a job which is several splash backs one of which expands onto a floor to ceiling section.

I'm not sure how to tile down from the worktop edge to the floor thus keeping the tiles on the wall next to the worktop in line with those above the worktop. The tiles are quite small.

If it was for myself I would attach a baton to the wall in line with the worktop surface. Tile upwards, let the adhesive cure sufficiently to hold the tiles, remove the baton and tile downwards.

A professional opinion would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Hi john.
what size tiles are you using. ?
Hi Dave, it's about 3 months since I did the quote. I remember the tiles were quite small approx 7.5 cm x 12.5 cm as an estimate. I didn't measure them. Also they have a varied profile not square edges.
Thanks for your help.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Dave, it's about 3 months since I did the quote. I remember the tiles were quite small approx 7.5 cm x 12.5 cm as an estimate. I didn't measure them. Also they have a varied profile not square edges.
Thanks for your help.
Ok cheers, you should be able to batten across and then work down over once set. 👍

Reply to Tiling from floor to line up with worksurface in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen