Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling Door Opening Without Timber Architrave in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

FreeD

I want to tile a wall without putting an timber architrave around the door...ideally I'd just like a trim around the opening.

How do I achieve this the door liner hasn't gone in yet.

Do you tile over the door liner and then cut the hinges out of the trim?

Thanks

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Surely you'll need the door casing in first, tile a few mm shy of the edge of the lining, hang the door, chisel hinges and latch into lining.

F

FreeD

Ok so I will run a trim around the outside...I will be tiling onto wood around an inch, can't see it being a problem as 600x300 96% of the tile will be fixed onto plasterboard...

Reply to Tiling Door Opening Without Timber Architrave in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen