Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling around a WC and grohe nova flush panel in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

davemul

Hi guys, after a bit of advice please. Im setting out for some 305x305 trav.

Now... do I

A) work it so the flush mount is directly in the middle of the tile (tricky cut!)

B) work it so half the tile meets the middle of the mount

what would look better? I cant decide! :mad2:

Thanks v much
Dave

5Adv26P.jpg

I

Ian

Option -A will give you the larger cuts to the wall, am I right in thinking that? If so I'd go for that. Trav is nice and soft so cutting a rectangle out should be ok, just take it steady.

D

davemul

Thanks Bri, yes you're spot on.

Also see where the board meets the plaster on the right... should I tape (and tape the board joins too?) before I tile?

I

Ian

Thanks Bri, yes you're spot on.

Also see where the board meets the plaster on the right... should I tape (and tape the board joins too?) before I tile?

It certainly won't do any harm Dave, if it helps, I would! Lessens the chance of cracking where the two meet.

Q

Qwerty

I'm with Bri. Cut out in the middle is easy with trav. Are you wet cutting or angle grinder?

D

davemul

I have both. Will prob use a 115mm grinder for the rectangle and use the wet cutter for straight cuts

Reply to Tiling around a WC and grohe nova flush panel in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen