Search the forum,

Discuss tiling a bath panel in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

J.R Tiling

Hi Bruce lee :welcome:

Topps Tiles sell backerboard , thats were i get mine from , i assume there is a store near you ?

S

simhopper

2x2 timber frame and face in 12mm hardibacker , Costs about £35

Will outlast the bath!

D

Daz

If you've got a CTD near you, they sell Wedi which is my favourite for forming bath panels :thumbsup:.

Broken Link Removed

Last edited by a moderator:
S

simhopper

If you've got a CTD near you, they sell Wedi which is my favourite for forming bath panels :thumbsup:.

Broken Link Removed

4x the price of hardibacker and wont do the job aswell,Will need to be braced and well fixed otherwise will move and flex

D

Daz

I've not experienced anywhere near that difference in price. I agree that the frame requires sufficient batons, but when you have formed an access panel it doesn't take much more effort to add a couple more batons to eliminate flex.

Hardi, Wedi, Kerdi or any other tile backer board will be better than ply as long as the frame is structured well.

S

simhopper

I've not experienced anywhere near that difference in price. I agree that the frame requires sufficient batons, but when you have formed an access panel it doesn't take much more effort to add a couple more batons to eliminate flex.

Hardi, Wedi, Kerdi or any other tile backer board will be better than ply as long as the frame is structured well.

Hardibacker £7.50 a sheet+vat, 2 required

Wedi bathboard £55+vat for 1800x800

Foam board or cement board?No brainer really

Used to be a big fan of Wedi but the price is too high and there are far superior products out there

D

Daz

Hardibacker £7.50 a sheet+vat, 2 required

Wedi bathboard £55+vat for 1800x800

Foam board or cement board?No brainer really

Used to be a big fan of Wedi but the price is too high and there are far superior products out there

Sorry, but I have to disagree.

Hardi is £7.50+vat but that is for the 6mm boards, not the 12mm. The 6mm boards are no good for panels only for overboarding a floor.
You can get 10mm Wedi (BA10 - 2500 x 600) approx £23+vat from CTD.
I agree it will be slightly more expensive than the Hardi but not vastly different.

The Wedi is cement lined fibreboard, so pretty strong too.

aflemi

TF
Arms
Reaction score

Captain, how do you go about forming the panel support? I have my way but always looking for alternative/easier methods.
I make a frame including vertical supports with 2x2 which I screw to wall and floor. I generally use 500 hardi (hadn't thought about Wedi but would be much lighter and easier to cut...). For access I usually cut a gap maybe 20-30mm smaller than a tile in the bottom row and just use silicon to hold the tile in place. plusses and minuses with any access as it's virtually impossible to do it invisibly.

D

dagger

bath panels can be created loads of ways....

wedi,hardi,ply, plasterboard (tanked), this one was created with ply over 2x2 carcuss:

1111111111111111111111e.jpg

note the 4 little screw caps.....other ways can make them invisible!...unless brickbond....then you are stuffed!

aflemi

TF
Arms
Reaction score
bath panels can be created loads of ways....

wedi,hardi,ply, plasterboard (tanked), this one was created with ply over 2x2 carcuss:

Broken Link Removed

note the 4 little screw caps.....other ways can make them invisible!...unless brickbond....then you are stuffed!

Can't open that mate................:mad2:

Reply to tiling a bath panel in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As title suggests. Used to use this forum a while back but seems my account was deleted...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen