Search the forum,

Discuss Tiles 3.5mm Thick in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

White Room

These tiles have been mention by RayTT at his showroom in south London and i doubt many have fixed these.

These are made by GRESPANIA Cerámica inteligente | Coverlam | Porcelánico Laminado and the tile is Cerezo, a customer has perhaps choosing these for a large floor and at that thickness fixing is the question.

I will need to give the shop a call tomorrow about fixing methods but any input would be kindly received.

W

White Room

Not these ones Marc, there a plank type one about 120x.200mm but there is a chance they might be 3,5mm and I know Ray did'nt have a good word for them.

O

Old Mod

No not at all mate, are these resin back d'u know?
Sorry, not read the web page, it didn't seem to have a search box and I couldn't be bothered to troll through all the catalogues :D

W

White Room

The one I was looking for could'nt even find it, there meshed back or something...don't know about this one though.

O

Old Mod

Oh ok, sounds exactly like the ones we saw then mate, :D
Hope it's not too good a job!:confused:

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

if they are 3,5 mm they are fiber glass backed 3mm without 3.5 with ok i went on a training day there on this to see if i could learn some think .well i came away not very inpressed .was baffeled by mapie top bloke with en this bs this and so on they were using the new light weight adhesive for fixing this fibar glass tiles read the spec and it said if the substrate is fibar glassed it had to be primed so thought they may have solved the problem here
then watched them serrate the wall no fibar glass then watched them serrate the tile full fibar glass i said have i missed some think here top tech mapie bloke says what i said well in the spec it say to prime fibar glass and the tile is full fibar glass no he says only if the substrate is fibar glass so i say if i take the fibar glass off the tile and put it on the wall do i have to prime it yes he says .so i say when you sarrate the wall and the tile they are bouth then become substates no .you only prime the substrate .well give then after all the tech guy realy nows his stuff .then had the pleasure of seeing the adhesive could not achive more than 70% covarage on a floor .had anther rep in from anther company telling me there tiles with fibar glass they leave 25mm all round the out side with no fibar glass so you get a good fix all round the out side .they think this is a great idear .so now its a tile with two complety diffrent stress points.there all still working this one out .dont be a test tile dummy .say i will fix this only if its not fibar glass backed .they can make it without fibar glass and its cheaper.

Reply to Tiles 3.5mm Thick in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen