Discuss Tilers Forums baby thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 9966

I'm still going for monthly check ups with a consultant, so had a scan done a couple of weeks ago. There is one lazy baby taking after their dad....

Attachments

• DSC00747.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 16
U

user123

Women have no sense of humour over matters like this and become ever so violent..:lol:...

Yes.... hmm.... like strong men I've seen getting all upset about a tiddly little slipped disc or two... which is nothing in comparison.... trust me I know, I've had both.... :)

but childbirth is like doing your back in, some are bearable, some are not... phew...

D

Deleted member 9966

Right, me and Mr GRR are on countdown now. Apparently, from 37 weeks onwards Baby GRR could arrive and be classed as a full term baby, i.e. no premature! :yikes: this whole thing is becoming unbelievably real now. So Mr GRR is getting excited. He's even started packing my hospital bag for me because I haven't been bothered to do it yet. He reckons I'll go into labour and be totally unprepared for a trip into hospital. I'm easy going, take things as they come.

But for all you blokes who have wives and partners and family members expecting babies this year, be sensitive to their needs when you can. Picking clothes up off the floor is currently a pet hate of mine so Mr GRR's clothes are just strewn around the washing basket and not actually in it because I can no longer bend down to pick them up. He'll wonder in about a month's time why he has no clean underwear. And the water retention is now high on my agenda. I used to have slim legs and ankles.... my god, not anymore. engagement ring has already been removed from my fat fingers, wedding ring might be following soon. Getting comfortable in bed is a rarity and if your partner is fidgiting all night, try not to rant about it the next day.

I'm now on countdown from work. I finish next Thursday! And then I'll have a couple of weeks respite on my own, sleeping/resting, finishing off bits and pieces in the house and then D-Day will be upon us :grin:

U

user123

Right, me and Mr GRR are on countdown now. Apparently, from 37 weeks onwards Baby GRR could arrive and be classed as a full term baby, i.e. no premature! :yikes: this whole thing is becoming unbelievably real now. So Mr GRR is getting excited. He's even started packing my hospital bag for me because I haven't been bothered to do it yet. He reckons I'll go into labour and be totally unprepared for a trip into hospital. I'm easy going, take things as they come.

But for all you blokes who have wives and partners and family members expecting babies this year, be sensitive to their needs when you can. Picking clothes up off the floor is currently a pet hate of mine so Mr GRR's clothes are just strewn around the washing basket and not actually in it because I can no longer bend down to pick them up. He'll wonder in about a month's time why he has no clean underwear. And the water retention is now high on my agenda. I used to have slim legs and ankles.... my god, not anymore. engagement ring has already been removed from my fat fingers, wedding ring might be following soon. Getting comfortable in bed is a rarity and if your partner is fidgiting all night, try not to rant about it the next day.

I'm now on countdown from work. I finish next Thursday! And then I'll have a couple of weeks respite on my own, sleeping/resting, finishing off bits and pieces in the house and then D-Day will be upon us :grin:

Enjoy that bit... phew... it's all fun, isn't it... :lol:

S

Stewart

Make the most of those two weeks off GRR...... After that, it'll be a long time before you have any free time.

D

Deleted member 9966

Day 1 of maternity leave, and I'm bored already. I intended on having a lie-in this morning, but after having a rubbish night's sleep (legs were aching) when I woke up at the sound of Mr GRR's alarm, I was absolutely wide awake and starving :thumbsdown:

I've put a load of washing out on the line to dry, I put another load of washing in the machine and that's nearly finished, and I've finished loading the dishwasher so that's ready to go on next. I really fancy going back to bed but that's just lazy plus I don't like leaving washing outside on the line just in case it rains and I'm not there to get it in. I thought about starting the book I've bought for when I go into labour and have to go to the hospital, but I know I'd speed read that and would end up with nothing to read if I'm in labour for hours on end.

The stuff that needs doing like washing the car, washing the windows, mowing the lawns, I can't do because I'm supposed to be resting :mad2:

D

doug boardley

......it's called "nesting" Liz, Lou couldn't sit still while she was in later stages either:hurray:

D

Deleted member 9966

I'd like to sit still though Doug, but I just get sooooo bored. I might go and buy some more books to read.

D

doug boardley

rest when you feel you need to Liz, keep active when you feel you need to, if you don't listen to your body your stress levels will rise and that is deffo not a good thing.

S

Stewart

Lol..... Sounds like my wife. She was still going to the gym at the start if her maternity to go swimming almost every day. Then she would constantly clean or shop online for baby stuff. It really spoiled my down time with her pottering around all the time and not chilling out.

D

Deleted member 9966

Well I went for a snooze, and just as I was getting comfy in bed, my mobile rang - The Boss at work. I had to leave him some stuff to finish off and because he wasn't in yesterday, I had to brief him by email. He just wanted to check he understood what I had told him to do. Now they have 2 more weeks to get me (as the first couple of weeks is actually holiday entitlement I've booked) and then if they dare to call me at home or on my mobile, I shall be changing my telephone numbers :incazzato:

So, I had a 30 minute snooze, then had an hour long bath and now I'm just having some lunch :)

Reply to Tilers Forums baby thread in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay